If you live in a hot climate, then you will know how important an effective air conditioning unit is to keep your home fresh and comfortable. However, you may be unaware that potentially deadly bacteria may be lurking inside air conditioning units that can lead to a form of pneumonia known as Legionnaires ‘ disease. Therefore, installing state-of-the-art air purifiers are essential to protect you and your family’s health.
Hot Environments Are At Risk
Those living in hot, humid environments are most at risk from bacteria and viruses contaminating their indoor air quality. The inside of an AC unit is the ideal breeding ground for bacteria, and the presence of mold can often go undetected for years. Prolonged exposure to mold can cause a number of symptoms including frequent colds and flus, headaches, allergic reactions, respiratory problems and ear infections. Hiring a technician to clean your AC unit, air ducts and ventilation hoses can be extremely costly, and regular maintenance is needed to ensure your unit stays clean and healthy. UV light tubes offer a low-maintenance, economic alternative for sterilizing your AC unit as you will only need to replace the lamps every one to two years.
Bacteria Killing UV Lights
Air Purifier works at sterilizing the interior of your AC unit using UVC light that kills mold, bacteria, allergens and even viruses. As well as providing your home with clean air, the UV light units also help to prolong the life of your AC unit by keeping it free of contaminants. UVC light has the shortest wavelength of the UV light spectrum and is completely filtered out by the earth’s atmosphere. When exposed to UVC light, the DNA of microorganisms becomes scrambled making it impossible for them to reproduce.
UV light is now the most popular technology used to sterilize work surfaces and various types of machinery and instruments. UVC light tubes are widely used throughout the scientific and medical industry and can even sterilize food for packaging and purify water systems. Exposure to UV light has been proven to kill over 99% of airborne bacteria, viruses, mold and allergens within the first 24 hours. The tubes are completely safe to use and pose no risk to young children and pets.